Here were the plans:
- Get up at about 8.00 am and get ready to go out.
- Go the the vintage and classic car show that was being held in the city.
- Head home and pfaff around getting ready for the week ahead.
Here is what happened:
- Woke up with a blinding headache and a bad nausea.
- Got up and dry retched and then took pain killers.
- Stumbled back to bed to wait for headache to go away.
- After about half an hour I then sat up in bed to eat some dry toast and Vegemite to settle stomach.
- Crawled into shower and stood there with hands on side of head until hot water ran out.
- Eventually got ready to go at about 11:30 am. Took two more pain killers.
- Got in car with whiney son and agitated husband.
- Sat in hot car in bumper to bumper traffic.
- Got to venue and all parking spots were gone. Drove twice around the block before finding this out. No, actually crawled at a snail's pace twice around the block following other people in cars desperate to find parking spot.
- Started to head home and found parking centre about ten minutes away from the venue and parked there.
- Walked from the parking centre, up the hill, towards the car show. During this time my mole rat of a son whined about being out in the sunshine, his pale and pasty skin was affronted. I was feeling washed out after headache had finally faded to a vague but bearable thump. Husband kept saying "this is going from bad to worse".
- Son continued to whine.
- More whining.
- Bit more whining.
- Finally got to the car show only to be confronted by long line of people waiting to get in. When I say long, I mean loooooonnnnnggg. About 300 people.
- Group discussion leads to unanimous decision to go back home but eat on the way because by now I am starving.
- Eat in funky cafe that is playing club music which offends my musically inclined husband but pleases my funky music loving teenage son. I don't care as I am starving and eating my delicious lunch of roast pumpkin salad. Mmmmmmm.
- Drive home.
- Open front door and all three go to respective places of worship (son on Xbox, husband into music room and me with laptop).
- All of the above happens between the hours of 11.30 am to 3:00 pm.
Fortunately there were no arguments. I would like to say it was because we three are mild mannered and gentle folk but the truth is that we have travelled enough together to know when it is pointless to argue or bitch about something that is out of your control. We just made bad jokes about it all.
Now I am about to do all the houseworky things that need doing on a weekend.
I am so excited.............